2. How We Use Your Personal InformationWe may use your information for a number of purposes including:
- to provide you with our Services that you request, such as to facilitate the transfer of your biological sample(s) to the laboratories for analysis;
- to assist you with your questions about our Services;
- to contact you about the administration of any functions of the Site or Services that you use;
- to respond to subsequent requests you may make of us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to resolve disputes, investigate and help combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks;
- to notify you of any changes to our Site, Services, or policies;
- to use your de-identified information to help us administer, support, and improve our business;
- for healthcare operations;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- for any other purpose which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services that you have requested or consented to.
6. Data SecurityWe follow industry standards on information security technologies and procedures to help protect your sensitive information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure your personal data on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When sensitive information is collected on our Site and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Even though we strive to provide the most secure environment for the processing of your personal data, we cannot completely rule out the possibility of unauthorized access, use or disclosure. In the case of such a personal data breach, we will inform the competent supervisory authority without undue delay and act swiftly to address the situation. If the personal data breach is likely to harm you, we will also inform you about the personal data breach without undue delay.
7. Children’s PrivacyWe do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. In addition, the Services are not directed to individuals under 18 years of age, and we request that they not provide Personal Information through the Services. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 18 years of age. If we learn that Personal Information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will take steps to immediately delete that information.
8. Information for California ResidentsThis section applies only to California residents. The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and;
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- identifiers such as name, address, unique personal identifier, email address, phone number, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers;
- personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statue, such as name, signature, address telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or medical information. (Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories).
- protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as gender, age, race, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), genetic information, and medical condition);
- commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction on the Site; and
- inferences such as information about your interests, preferences, and favorites, and the “profile” we create with such information.
- Right Against Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
- Right to Know: You have the right to request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the twelve (12) months before your request.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request us to delete any Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.